The Suspendables with Jim Jerome & Russ Courtnall
Welcome to The Suspendables with funny man, Jungle Jim Jerome, and world renowned former NHL player, Russ Courtnall, as they unleash the laughs, the stories and the outrage, with their irreverent and sometimes unusual (yet compelling) perspectives on all things IN A MAN'S WORLD.
#91 Farewell, Walter…
- Russ meeting Walter at the 1991 Canada Cup when he and Wayne played together for Team Canada. Walter had great sympathy at that tournament for 18 year old Eric Lindros.
- Going for walks and telling stories with Walter and his friend Charlie Henry.
- They discuss Wayne’s amazing, emotional eulogy.
- How Walter was always inquisitive and genuinely wanted to get to know everyone.
- A great story of Walter’s awkward encounter with another passenger while flying first-class and being excited to go see Wayne break Gordie Howe’s all-time scoring record.
- How Walter wasn’t really a fan of the time Wayne bought him a brand new Cadillac.
- How he loved to take photos…and present them to people
- Emails from people touched by Walter’s life.
- How Russ’ wife, Paris, basically learned the rules of hockey from Walter’s wife, Phyllis.
Jim crushes our producer Steve in NFL betting Russ lost on KC but he’s happy for Tom Brady Russ shares Paris’ perspective on what’s it’s like to be married to an NHL player? And what things are like after retirement?…LISTEN
Subscribe to the Global Story Network for news about upcoming episodes, new shows, and more.