The Suspendables with Jim Jerome & Russ Courtnall
Welcome to The Suspendables with funny man, Jungle Jim Jerome, and world renowned former NHL player, Russ Courtnall, as they unleash the laughs, the stories and the outrage, with their irreverent and sometimes unusual (yet compelling) perspectives on all things IN A MAN'S WORLD.
#84 Russ is a Healthy Scratch, Former Canucks Goalie Kirk McLean Fills In
- Former NHL goalie Kirk McLean – Russ’ old Canucks’ teammate – fills in for Russ as guest co-host today….
- He talks about some of the differences in the game today versus his era.
- Kirk talks about the advancement in goaltending techniques: While today’s butterfly technique is superior, he is concerned about injuries.
- The boys talk about how beautiful the facilities are at Rogers Place in Edmonton
- The guys get into the Tiger Woods Documentary on HBO.
- Kirk discusses the Courtnall family, their charity initiatives and which Courtnall brother had the best one-liners.
- Kirk has a story about jetting with Russ to a Vegas casino where Russ hit it big in blackjack
- They get into minor hockey memories and the madness of hardcore parents
- Kirk discusses his path to the NHL, draft day and when his NHL dream started to become real
- Kirk helped the Canucks get to Game 7 of the Stanley cup final in 1994 and talks about the experience
- Kirk is a member of the famous Portrush Golf Club in Northern Ireland and his horse won the Queens Plate
The boys discuss the Vancouver Canucks COVID outbreak this week and a few of their own thoughts on vaccines. The Texas Rangers home opener is allowed a full house for their home opener. Connor McDavid gets the maximum NHL fine…LISTEN
Subscribe to the Global Story Network for news about upcoming episodes, new shows, and more.