The Suspendables with Jim Jerome & Russ Courtnall
Welcome to The Suspendables with funny man, Jungle Jim Jerome, and world renowned former NHL player, Russ Courtnall, as they unleash the laughs, the stories and the outrage, with their irreverent and sometimes unusual (yet compelling) perspectives on all things IN A MAN'S WORLD.
#116 Carolina Gets Revenge on the Habs
- The boys talk about the new documentary on a 1990’s United Hockey League team run by an alleged gangster who gave the team to his 17 year old son to run.
- The boys swap some old car stories, although Russ says he’s not really a car guy…sure you’re not, Russ.
- It’s no fun playing for a team after they announce they’re about to relocate to another city.
- Reaction to the PGA clamping down on fans chirping Bryson DeChambeau
- The night the Habs brawled with the Soviets
- They discuss the Habs decision not to match Carolina’s offer sheet to Jesperi Kotkaniemi and tell a great story from 2007 – the last time an NHL team didn’t match an offer sheet.
- The incredible story of the time Russ almost died in an Italian cycling crash
- Would Russ like to get into hockey management?
- Russ’ old teammate Todd Harvey didn’t lack for confidence as a rookie
This week’s the boys discuss the amazing feedback from last week’s emotional interview with Corey Hirsch. Russ talks about his friendship with former Today host Billy Bush, the invitation to his 50th birthday and the infamous recording on Donald Trump’s…LISTEN
In this episode, we’re joined by Canucks broadcaster Corey Hirsch, former NHL goalie, Russ’s former teammate and 1994 Olympic silver medalist. The boys tell some great stories in this one – stories about former NHL coach Mike Keenan and Marc…LISTEN
This week we’re joined by Ron Chipperfield, who was Wayne Gretzky’s captain in his early days with the Oilers. Russ talks about almost getting into a recent scrap with his “little” brother and the time he and his wife booked…LISTEN
In this episode, we read your emails and give a few listener shoutouts. The boys discuss the difficult hockey news from the past week. Russ describes what it was like to play for the Montreal Canadiens and then, later, be…LISTEN
Subscribe to the Global Story Network for news about upcoming episodes, new shows, and more.